Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My computer graphics fist steps

Before I got a computer I had probably heard about photoshop and that was the extent of my computer graphics knowledge. It was not until I got a computer that I leaned about gimp, inkscape, Blender, synfig.

I believe the first program I used was gimp. I tried to work thought some of the tutorials on the gimp website and read through the documentation. All that work and I only created probably one image with gimp a banner for a header of a website. I hope to create more graphics with gimp.

The next program I used was blender. When I fist saw blenders website I thought wow, I wonder what I can make with the program. The fist version of blender I used was Blender 4.2. I tried some tutorials and read some of the documentation but, never made much if anything.

Then came Inkscape and Snynfig. I have tried tutorial on both of the programs website. But, I have made much with the programs. I hope I can make more graphics wit them.

Before tying the above programs I had not given much thought to computer graphics. I had played computer computer games but, never thought about how the graphics in the games were made and I certainly could never have believed I would be making computer graphics someday. Thats not strictly true I don't make computer graphics but, I want to. Wanting to though is not making computer graphics.

What do I want to make graphic's for? I want to make graphics for 2d computer games that I want to make. I also want to make graphic's for a website. If history is any indicator I will still be saying that I want to make graphics 5 or 6 years from now. I hope I start making things instead of wanting to make things.

No comments:

Post a Comment