Saturday, January 29, 2011

Programming dreams not yet realized

I have experimented with many programming languages. I see a programming language and want to install the compiler on my computer and write some programs. I get the first part accomplished, I install the compiler, as to the second part I am lacking. I don't know how to design my own programs.

One problem as I see it is that I want to program in lots of languages. I want to think to myself wow look at all the programming languages I know how to use. About a year ago I saw an article on dzone about a programmer who was learning a programming language a week. I want to be able to do that myself. I can't though because I don't know how to design anything. Well I could design a program, it would not do anything interesting though.

When I say experimented with lots of programming languages I mean I am able to write hello world in those programming languages. I may have gotten a little further in some languages, not much though. I alway hopes of leaning more but, those hopes fizzled after a week or so, then I would switch to another programming language. That has not gotten me very far.

Every day, if not everyday it seems like everyday, I daydream about someday writing my own computer programs. But the future could be now if I stop dreaming and start doing. I won't wake up someday and start designing computer programs. I will start making programs now. If I fail so what. I don't want to look back on my life and say, I wish I learned how to program. I want to be a computer programmer today, right now. Now I need to get out there and start making programs. Go, go, go.

No comments:

Post a Comment