Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Model maker wannabe

A 3d model maker wannabe that is what I want to be. I get so excited when I watch movies like Transformers, Cars, Ratatouille, The Incredibles that I wish I was able to make 3d models. It just seems so exciting. I have fantasy's about making great car models or models of castles, motorcycles, or planes.

Then reality hits when I realize that I am going to have to put in a lot of work to make stuff that looks like those movies and how far away I am from making anything decent. In that way my modeling is just like my programming, I have big dreams but, nothing to show for those dreams.

I can't remember the exact date when I found out about blender. I would say it was about four years ago. The first edition of blender I used was 4.2. It was amazing to me that I could get a program that made 3d models for free. Heck, before I learned about blender I did not know what a 3d model was. I never even considered how video games were made.

Most of those 4 years with blender have been spent reading the blender documentation on blender.org, reading blender noob to pro, reading blender basics and some other tutorials. It alternates mostly between reading the blender documentation and blender noob to pro. I just keep going around in circles, round and round, and never seeming to progress. Then I worry about not making progress so I vow to use blender everyday but, then I stop using blender everyday. It all goes round and round like I said.

Its like I think I need to know how to use every feature of blender and then I can make the 3d models I want to make. Some day I will be good enough. I have made models, but they are not the quality or quality that I want them to be. As for animations I have made only two or three. So I have accomplished something but, I want to do more.



No comments:

Post a Comment